The very first time your engine is started carbon deposits and varnishes are formed in your vehicle’s fuel systems, on the intake valves, and in the combustion chamber areas. This is particularly true if you’re using an economy fuel. To prevent buildup in your fuel system, check your owner’s manual for recommended service intervals and have your fuel system cleaned by a professional service center. All Tune and Lube Total Car Care in Tempe recommends this service with each tune up, usually at 60,000 or 100,000 miles.
Here are some symptoms that can be caused by carbon buildup:
- Engine pinging.
- Poor acceleration.
- Hesitation or lurching.
- Lack of or poor performance.
- Repeated stalling.
- Rough idle.
- Poor fuel mileage.
A fuel injection cleaning system and de-coke process will remove carbon deposits from your vehicle’s fuel system, injectors, intake valves, and combustion chamber. This cleaning process will not damage your vehicle’s fuel system or engine components. A typical fuel injection service will include the following procedures:
- Clean fuel injectors.
- Clean throttle body air intake.
- Inspect fuel lines and fuel rail.
- Pressure test fuel pump and system.
- Inspect pressure regulator, vacuum line, and all connections.
- Clean intake manifold, intake, and exhaust valves.
- Remove carbon from combustion chamber and pistons.
The benefits are:
- Saves you money – improves fuel mileage and heads off costly repairs.
- Reduces the risk of breakdowns.
- Contributes to the overall performance of your vehicle.
- Reduces air pollution.
- Increases safety and dependability.
From your local mechanics, All Tune and Lube Total Car Care Tempe. Complete auto repair and maintenance.